Monday, July 13, 2009

The Gipper

"I'm warning of an eradication of the American memory that could result, ultimately, in an erosion of the American spirit. Let's start with some basics: more attention to American history and a greater emphasis on civic ritual. And let me offer lesson No. 1 about America: All great change in America begins at the dinner table. So, tomorrow night in the kitchen I hope the talking begins. And children, if your parents haven't been teaching you what it means to be an American, let 'em know and nail 'em on it. That would be a very American thing to do." --Ronald Reagan

2 comments:

  1. I came calling after Theo pointed you out.

    I'm a Reagan fan, and a Thatcherite too. This may interest you from ALDaily.com...

    http://www.claremont.org/publications/crb/id.1617/article_detail.asp

    ...and for a viewpoint from NZ, please see...

    http://mickysmuses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks,, how awesome,, and you win first comment ever award. I will look into it,, Thatcher had huge balls of steel,, I miss her and Reagan working together.

    Brians

    ReplyDelete