Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rain

rained all day yesterday and is still raining today. The news said flood watches and warnings. Now normally in Florida this would not concern me, I live on a veritable mountain in Florida. my house is about 44 feet above sea level. By Florida standards a Mountain, so flooding other than some of the lower streets and then only for a bit while it rains is all i ever see. Here in Georgia, that is a totally different story.

I had forgotten all the little hills and valleys that make up northern Ga an how fast a road is gone with just a light down pour. This is not a light down pour and it is supposed to keep raining for the next 4 days. Already some of the roads are washed out and the drive-way to the house here has seen better days after the wash out.

Twisty up and down turning hills with no or limited sight distance,, definitely not flat Florida. deep ditches or huge drop offs, Lovely, and if anyone has actually driven here on these you know the locals take them at high speed like a rally race.

Last night heading home, I did not scream like a girl when I topped a hill to see head lights on my side of the road heading toward me spraying a rooster tail of muddy water, that was my brakes. and that is my story.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment